Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Archive Cannot Be Read Error(Problems with Eclipse Indigo IDE project classpath)
Archive Cannot Be Read Error [message #730080] Tue, 27 September 2011 15:28 Go to next message
Eric Kolotyluk is currently offline Eric KolotylukFriend
I cannot find a way to resolve errors like

Archive for required library: '/Libraries/jars/hibernate-annotations.jar' in project 'SpotlessColorToolkit' cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file

If I change the classpath to '/Libraries/common/hibernate-annotations.jar' the error goes away, but if I change it back the error comes back. There is no difference between the files /Libraries/jars/hibernate-annotations.jar and /Libraries/common/hibernate-annotations.jar, the former is a copy of the latter.

I have dozens of other files on the classpath from /Libraries/jars and they all work fine. For some reasons three files will not work from /Libraries/jars

hibernate-annotations.jar
hibernate-commons-annotations.jar
hibernate3.jar

Does anyone have any suggestions on why Eclipse (Indigo) is finding exception with these three files?

Cheers, Eric
Re: Archive Cannot Be Read Error [message #730340 is a reply to message #730080] Wed, 28 September 2011 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniel.coder.smith is currently offline daniel.coder.smithFriend
To verify the integrity/validity of the JAR file, you can use:
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/jarsigner.html ...but if the original files are ok, the copy should be the same ...but you newer know, so give it a quick check.

Then, if the files are correct... this kind of error, might be caused by some missing dependency, so I don't know, look for any files that are missing from the problematic folder, and are in the good one. I'll do a research on the net after I get home, and come with an update, but until then, try to use this suggestion.

spring frame work

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2011 21:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Archive Cannot Be Read Error [message #831231 is a reply to message #730080] Wed, 28 March 2012 16:48 Go to previous message
Attila Csipak is currently offline Attila CsipakFriend
I posted a bug about a very similar error into the Eclipse Bugzilla (Bug 375249, sorry, but I'm not allowed to post links yet).

Also, among the comments there's a workaround described (deleting a specific file under .metadata), and a developer hinted that this bug may be solved in the Juno release.

It's also stated that: "The fix wasn't back-ported since it was an uncommon scenario." So if it annoys you, and you do not want to upgrade to Juno, please vote on the bug.
Previous Topic:History Field Font
Next Topic:Eclipse Product Export Error !!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 03:46:53 GMT 2024