Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to do a "git pull origin subbranch:subbranch" in jgit?(pull or push subbranches to remote repositories)
How to do a "git pull origin subbranch:subbranch" in jgit? [message #725745] Thu, 15 September 2011 16:29 Go to next message
Koko boko is currently offline Koko bokoFriend
Hi, I need to push or pull branches into remote branches from or to origin, I do not see how to do it, does anyone has a clue how to do this?

Also I have not been able to find a good javadoc for jgit. I would appreciate if anyone could point me to it.

regards.
Re: How to do a "git pull origin subbranch:subbranch" in jgit? [message #725959 is a reply to message #725745] Fri, 16 September 2011 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Find javadoc here http://www.eclipse.org/jgit/download/
Also the maven repository should contain the javadoc for each artifact.
Re: How to do a "git pull origin subbranch:subbranch" in jgit? [message #725987 is a reply to message #725959] Fri, 16 September 2011 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx, do you have the answer to my other question? that is how to pull or push a certain branch to a remote repository by JGit using the PullCommand or PushCommand?

regards
Re: How to do a "git pull origin subbranch:subbranch" in jgit? [message #726741 is a reply to message #725987] Mon, 19 September 2011 12:01 Go to previous message
Hello Matthias, I still have not got an answer so I thought maybe you or anyone could redirect me to a guru if you do not know the answer yourself, I am newbee with git and I am thinking of incorporating it in our product with help of jGit,

in a scenario where a new branch is added to the origin repository we sometimes would like to get it also to our local repository, now the command git pull origin "branch_name" does the trick, or from origin one could do git push remote_rep push "branch_name"

Now just by looking at the javadoc I can not find any "set" method in the PullCommand or PushCommand that does the trick. neither can I see how the Repoisotry should be set so that the right branch is pulled or pushed.

I think this is basic functionality in Git and since JGit is pretty powerful tool it would be strange if it does not cover it.

So I would be really thankful for any kind of help or direction.
Previous Topic:Command line status incorrect
Next Topic:[Https] Can't save the password.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:07:52 GMT 2024