Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » How to bundle database drivers and expose a connection pool?
How to bundle database drivers and expose a connection pool? [message #722584] Tue, 06 September 2011 09:26
Paul Ramsden is currently offline Paul RamsdenFriend
I want to be able to connect to DB2 and MS-SQL databases from my application and connection pooling should also be enabled. Also, I want to be able to configure the connections depending on the current environment - Test, Staging, Production.

I assume the way to do this is to define a separate bundle for each database which contains either the necessary jars or a link to the jars location. This bundle will export the API package. A further bundle imports the API packages and creates the connection pools and handles connection requests from application plugins.

Is this a good approach? Are there any working examples out there as, so far, I have not been able to get it to work? (the problem seems to be with the export of the JDBC package)

Thanks
Paul

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2011 09:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Can fragments have dependency on other fragments
Next Topic:[10.7] Eclipse crashes on updateSplash at startup when launched by launchd
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 09:43:45 GMT 2024