Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Triggering loading of nested jars in a plug-in project
Triggering loading of nested jars in a plug-in project [message #717997] Tue, 23 August 2011 00:25
hellraiser412 is currently offline hellraiser412Friend
I'm trying to use the feature that was implemented to fix this issue - (I'm too new to post links) Bug ID - 147831

I have created a target platform which contains a location that has all of my external bundles. Then in my eclipse plug-in project, I updated the manifest file to include an "Import-Package" section and magically the plug-in dependencies section of my project is filled in with external bundles.

However.. these bundles contain nested jars and what is supposed to happen is those jars are extracted into a location which is then put on the classpath (so those jars also show up in the plug-in dependencies area). Problem is, I can't get this to work with any regularity. Somehow, some way, one of the bundles successfully has its nested jars extracted and put on the classpath and this happens every time now. If I remove the Import-Package section of the manifest (thus removing all the plugin-dependencies), delete the extracted jar from Eclipse's internal location, and then put the section back, the jars are extracted again and put on the classpath.

Unfortunately other bundles aren't doing this and I have no idea why. I don't know what I need to do or what I did to trigger Eclipse UI to recognize the nested jars and extract them.

I should note that I am actually converting these external bundles to include nested jars and the one that I did get working was suffering the same problem until it randomly started to work from fiddling around. I don't believe the issue is in my constructing of bundles with nested jars or some case where only the bundle that works happened to need it whereas the others don't.

Before you say I shouldn't be nesting jars, this is actually an improvement on what it was doing prior and exploding the nested jars into the bundle is not a valid option at the moment.

Any ideas? Thanks! Smile

edit: Using version 3.7.0 build id I20110613-1736

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2011 00:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:External builder - portably
Next Topic:Simple way to convert a java application which uses JDT to a java plugin?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:31:18 GMT 2024