Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Wish to freeze context & open editors status(File that are opened e.g. in the debugger, are automatically added to the context)
Wish to freeze context & open editors status [message #717431] Sat, 20 August 2011 16:00
Rob  is currently offline Rob Friend
Mylyn 3.6.1

While doing a task, it sometimes happens that I open a related file that is only very weakely related to a task, but I "forget" to close this editor, when the file change is done. Not only this can happen, but also the debugger (here: CDT-based) can open files. In both cases, they're added in the context.

Next time I reopen this task, the editor open list is cluttered.
This also happens when I'm sometimes working without any task open (let's say to do something quick & dirty without creating a task for it). When I then open a task, any editor open will remain open, and hence more editors are open as "intended" for this task (however, this file is not listed in the focused project explorer (= not in context, but upon task opening, the editor IS opened). As a workaround for this, I create a task "generic" or "quick & dirty", in order to prevent any working state where no task is open at all.

For the mentioned reasons, I want to be able to "freeze" an editor open state and its context, in that this frozen (editor) state is re-established when the task is reopened later. Or, that adding/deleting context must be "committed" before it becomes a more or less persistent part of the context (for later reopen, or "reload"), in order to allow a more agile working style.
This way, neither debugger clutters op the context/editor windows, nor I do.
BTW, I'd expect that a ticked "Manage open editors tho match task content" will open exactly that editors as corresponding to the files involved in the focused explorer list while a task is opened. This is not the case.
Previous Topic:(no subject)
Next Topic:Error Running Jenkins Build from Mylyn Build View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 13:00:54 GMT 2024