Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Table cell data invisible in 2.6.2
Table cell data invisible in 2.6.2 [message #716128] Tue, 16 August 2011 14:02 Go to next message
aca Missing name is currently offline aca Missing nameFriend
Hi
after an upgrade from BIRT 2_2_1_1 to BIRT 2_6_2 I have a report with a table cell "missing", that is the data in the cell does not show on the report. The same data is visible in another cell in the same table.
This works fine in older BIRT, but I am now stuck on why it doesn't show in 2_6_2. Can u help?

I include an example report which shows the problem.
Re: Table cell data invisible in 2.6.2 [message #716239 is a reply to message #716128] Tue, 16 August 2011 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

In your table, select the second column and click the visibility tab.
You are using the following expression to hide the column.

row["customerInfoTextCol2"]==null || row["customerInfoTextCol2"].equals("")

Since this column (customerInfoTextCol2 ) does not exist it hides the
column.

Jason

On 8/16/2011 10:02 AM, aca wrote:
> Hi
> after an upgrade from BIRT 2_2_1_1 to BIRT 2_6_2 I have a report with a table cell "missing", that is the data in the cell does not show on the report. The same data is visible in another cell in the same table.
> This works fine in older BIRT, but I am now stuck on why it doesn't show in 2_6_2. Can u help?
>
> I include an example report which shows the problem.
Re: Table cell data invisible in 2.6.2 [message #716354 is a reply to message #716239] Wed, 17 August 2011 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch - clumsy of me... a case of copy-paste syndrome. It's a bit strange though, because when I look in the visibility tab there is no expression. I can only see it in the xml source and remove it from there.
I'll get back with a new example of the original problem.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2011 07:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Table cell data invisible in 2.6.2 [message #716405 is a reply to message #716354] Wed, 17 August 2011 10:29 Go to previous message
Your answer turned out to be helpful although in another way than expected...
The original report had the same problem as the example report, that is - no statement on the visibility tab, but when searching the xml source I found a visibility statement.
The original problem was that the statement was true for the first element in my table, which made the column invisible. Then it didn't matter that the second element should have made the statement false, the data for the second element wouldn't show. By removing the visibility problem completely the problem was solved.

Thanx for helping!

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2011 10:31]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Scripting and Report Engine
Next Topic:column can show completely in html format but not in pdf format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 15:54:26 GMT 2024