Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Who uses BIRT?(Who uses BIRT)
Who uses BIRT? [message #709338] Wed, 03 August 2011 20:20 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I'm curious to know. Who uses BIRT? I use BIRT because it's easy to use, and it came packaged with the IBM development program I use which is RBD (Rational Business Developer). The platform that I develop on is an IBM i5. What other platforms do BIRT developers work on? Is it only IBM platforms? Are there BIRT users on Windows?
Re: Who uses BIRT? [message #715151 is a reply to message #709338] Fri, 12 August 2011 14:51 Go to previous message
Tim Ames is currently offline Tim AmesFriend
We are using BIRT with the Apache Tomcat web server, and I have a standalone Java batch report server running as a daemon. We have a Tomcat instance running on Windows and on Linux. The standalone report server is running on Linux, but since it is Java, I don't see an issue with it running on Windows (it does in test). The development environment is Eclipse with BIRT integration on Windows.

I used to develop on the i5, iSeries, AS400 - whatever it is called now. That RBD you are referring to I THINK is a spin-off of Eclipse with IBM plug-ins to make accessing the i5 easier. It's been several years since I have seen it. If you are developing in Java and have the DB2 database driver jars you can develop outside of the RBD just using Eclipse. There is not much magic even though it may seem that way Smile Basically you are just using the i5 as a database server like any other, at least that is the way I started thinking as I pulled away from the i5 RPG environment.
Previous Topic:How to change the needle's color in the meter chart by script?
Next Topic:what is doing behind Format Number?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:54:40 GMT 2024