Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Different project and folder names
Different project and folder names [message #693493] Wed, 06 July 2011 15:08
Rick  is currently offline Rick Friend
I'm trying to check out a project from a repository where the project name in the checked in .project file does not match the folder name the project is actually in. What I'd like to have when I check out this project is for the project name to match what is in the .project file, yet have the folder within the workspace match the repository folder. There is an option in the Team -> SVN -> Repository preference pane to use either the project name or the repository folder name as the working copy name, but whether or not this is checked, both the workspace folder and project name end up matching. This option seems to just control what is changed during checkout. Is there an option I'm missing that will do what I want?

If not, would it make sense to change the behavior of "Respect projects hierarchy" when checking out projects to match this behavior (assuming the Team -> SVN -> Repository preference is set to prefer the .project name)?

Note that I can easily fix this post checkout with Refactor -> Move on the project, but it would still be convenient to have this option during checkout.
Previous Topic:Compare with Revision or URL... broken
Next Topic:Where can I find subversive svn connector for svn 1.6.5 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:48:30 GMT 2024