Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Create Target Platform *with* source(how to configure cquery / rmap to obtain a tp with source attached)
Create Target Platform *with* source [message #692758] Tue, 05 July 2011 07:31 Go to next message
stefan  is currently offline stefan Friend
I am trying to have buckminster generate a target platform WITH sources into a manually prepared, empty, and active tp.

from the buckybook I would have thought that defining cquery advisor nodes for the tp-bound bundles with "mutableLevel=REJECT" and "sourceLevel=DESIRE" (or REQUIRE) would do the trick. I have played through all the permutations of these two settings. to no avail. I either get an empty tp, or one with binaries only.

can anyone help me with this issue, please Sad

Re: Create Target Platform *with* source [message #692777 is a reply to message #692758] Tue, 05 July 2011 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Use buckminster.download.source=true when you import. You can set this
property in the cquery.

- thomas

On 2011-07-05 09:31, stefan wrote:
> I am trying to have buckminster generate a target platform WITH sources
> into a manually prepared, empty, and active tp.
>
> from the buckybook I would have thought that defining cquery advisor
> nodes for the tp-bound bundles with "mutableLevel=REJECT" and
> "sourceLevel=DESIRE" (or REQUIRE) would do the trick. I have played
> through all the permutations of these two settings. to no avail. I
> either get an empty tp, or one with binaries only.
>
> can anyone help me with this issue, please :(
>
Re: Create Target Platform *with* source [message #692785 is a reply to message #692777] Tue, 05 July 2011 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stefan  is currently offline stefan Friend
Hi Thomas

thanks a lot both for content and speed (!)

such a small change, such great effect...

works beautifully now

thanks
Re: Create Target Platform *with* source [message #693034 is a reply to message #692785] Tue, 05 July 2011 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
That's brilliant, that question came up for us at exactly the time this was posted. A couple of minor points:

(1) That property affects all the components in the dynamically built target platform. Is there a way to request the source for just selected components?

(2) I did two tests, both materializing a component into a new workspace that was empty except for a manually prepared, empty, and active tp. The results were a little surprising:

For the first test, I did not have buckminster.download.source=true. Having materialized, I then did the materialize a second time, and on this occasion buckminster.download.source=true was set. The result the second time was, as expected, that the source jars were downloaded.

For the second test, I did have buckminster.download.source=true set from the beginning. I materialized once.

I then compared what was materialized, expecting the results to be the same. In fact I got:
Only in /scratch/test-source2/tp/plugins/: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change.source_2.5.1.v20100907-1643.jar
Only in /scratch/test-source2/tp/plugins/: org.eclipse.emf.edit.source_2.6.0.v20100914-1218.jar

Those two components weer only materialized in the second test, not the first. This is not particularly a problem for me, but does it indicate some obscure bug, or problem with the platform? This is using the Helios repositories.

Thanks
Matthew

Re: Create Target Platform *with* source [message #693300 is a reply to message #693034] Wed, 06 July 2011 08:31 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
To answer the first of my questions above:

>> (1) That property affects all the components in the dynamically built target platform. Is there a way to request the source for just selected components?

A: To materialize source jars for only selected components, you need to create advisor node(s) for those components, and set the buckminster.download.source=true property just in those Advisor Node(s).

Matthew
Previous Topic:org.eclipse.buckminster.core.cspec.model.CircularDependencyException when building against 3.7
Next Topic:create.product fails with missing package from rt.jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:22:45 GMT 2024