Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse won't send breakpoints to xdebug
Eclipse won't send breakpoints to xdebug [message #691222] Fri, 01 July 2011 01:12 Go to next message
Don  is currently offline Don Friend
I have PDT and xdebug configured to talk to each other. I can setup a PHP Web Page configuration, it will run and stop at the first line of the script. From there, I can step through the script perfectly fine, but no breakpoints will work.

I have tried setting breakpoints on a variety of different statements. If I click 'Show Breakpoints Supported By Selected Target' in the breakpoints window, all of the breakpoints will disappear. The xdebug log shows no attempt by Eclipse to set any breakpoints, that I can tell.

Eclipse: 3.6.1
XDebug: 2.1.0
  • Attachment: log.txt
    (Size: 3.09KB, Downloaded 256 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2011 01:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse won't send breakpoints to xdebug [message #691263 is a reply to message #691222] Fri, 01 July 2011 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
>If I click 'Show Breakpoints Supported By Selected Target' in the breakpoints window, all of the breakpoints will disappear.

This indicates that your breakpoints are not of PDT.
For example, breakpoints on javascript files or such can be filtered out by 'Show Breakpoints Supported By Selected Target' when Debug View(it shows debug targets) has PDT debug session.
Remove breakpoints and re-create them.
Re: Eclipse won't send breakpoints to xdebug [message #691616 is a reply to message #691263] Fri, 01 July 2011 21:05 Go to previous message
Don  is currently offline Don Friend
Thanks, "not of PDT" reminded me that this project had been created in PHPEclipse. Reloading it as a new project in PDT fixed the problem.
Previous Topic:PHP Syntax highlighting not showing in Svn repository exploring
Next Topic:ASP Tag highlighting breaking HTML highlighting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:04:12 GMT 2024