|Infinite (?) execution when trying to discover KDM code model from ADempiere [message #682084]
||Fri, 10 June 2011 07:31
Registered: June 2011
I'm trying to extract a KDM Code Model from "ADempiere" without success.
I have checked out the sources tagged Adempiere360lts via svn as a Java Project.
The repository is located at sourceforge here: https: //adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/adempiere/tags/adempiere360lts/
The scenario is the following:
When I start the Discovery Process (choosing 'MoDisco' -> 'Discover KDM Code Model from Java Project' from the context menu) it begins processing without errors. It then remains executing with more or less full cpu occupation for days. The longest period I've waited for termination before I aborted the process has been about 20 days.
The intermediate java model (.javaxmi) is succesfully generated within a few hours. Its size is about 600 Megabytes. It seems that the problem is located at the translation process to KDM.
As far as I could see, there is no way to display "current progress information" e.g., describing which class / package is processed at the moment. Please correct me if I am wrong here!
I've tried the discovery process using Eclipse Helios Modeling Package (3.6.2 SR2) / MoDisco v0.8.2 and also Eclipse Indigo Modeling Package (3.7.0 RC1) / MoDisco v0.9.0 on a windows xp64 system.
The hardware I use is a x86 64bit with 16gb of RAM.
I had to increase the maximum heap space in the eclipse.ini to avoid running into heap space errors. I set it to up 16gb or even more. I noticed a nearly constant maximum usage by the transformation process of about 13gb after a few hours of an increasing curve.
I've tested with both checked "incremental mode" and without.
I did not select any external libraries for the discovery process.
Other model discoveries from smaller projects (e.g., JPetStore, JForum) perform well with successfully generated models after a few seconds / minutes.
I hope that I gave you all necessary information.
Did anybody experience similar problems?
Is it erroneos behaviour or does it take such a very long time?!
Did anybody successfully discover a KDM Code Model from ADempiere?
Do you know what I should try to get it working?
|Re: Infinite (?) execution when trying to discover KDM code model from ADempiere [message #685985 is a reply to message #684882]
||Tue, 21 June 2011 05:29
| Fabien Giquel
Registered: July 2009
I did not success in discovering kdm model from the base 380Mo java one. It fails with "OutOfMemory" error. My configuration is weaker than yours (32 bits arch).|
The java->kdm process still need some benchmark for scalability/robustness improvements. For instance extending our existing java benchmark (org.eclipse.modisco.java.discoverer.benchmark) may allow to launch the kdm discovery on various projects size. Thus we may obtain the problem you observe (erroneous transformation behaviour), and work on it.
In the meanwhile, i suggest you try to use some Java discovery parameter for getting one smaller .javaxmi file : DEEP_ANALYSIS to false, or EXCLUDED_ELEMENTS_REGEX.
Another way may be to divide the 'base' project in some two or three projects.
4, rue du Château de l'Eraudiere
44324 NANTES CEDEX 03
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02570 seconds