Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Missing Constraint when switching to JavaSE-1.5
Missing Constraint when switching to JavaSE-1.5 [message #672041] Thu, 19 May 2011 16:46 Go to next message
Zooks  is currently offline Zooks Friend
Hello,

Our pde headless build has been supporting java 1.6 as minimum requirement. We got a request to change it and support Java 1.5.

To do so, I did these steps:

Changed the MANIFEST.MF for my 2 plugins to:
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.5

Then in my product I changed the launcher from:
<vm>
<windows include="true">org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6
</windows>
</vm>

to

<vm>
<windows include="true">org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/J2SE-1.5
</windows>
</vm>

Am I missing a step?

When I try to build I get this error and the build fails:

[java] [eclipse.generateFeature] Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.5

Thank you.
Re: Missing Constraint when switching to JavaSE-1.5 [message #672068 is a reply to message #672041] Thu, 19 May 2011 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Are you supplying multiple JREs to your PDE build? My build.properties includes entries like:

JAVA60_HOME=/opt/public/common/jdk-1.6.0_10
JAVA50_HOME=/opt/public/common/jdk-1.5.0_16
JavaSE-1.6=${JAVA60_HOME}/jre/lib/resources.jar:${JAVA60_HOME}/jre/lib/rt.jar:${JAVA60_HOME}/jre/lib/jsse.jar:${JAVA60_HOME}/jre/lib/jce.jar:${JAVA60_HOME}/jre/lib/charsets.jar
J2SE-1.5=${JAVA50_HOME}/jre/lib/rt.jar:${JAVA50_HOME}/jre/lib/jsse.jar:${JAVA50_HOME}/jre/lib/jce.jar:${JAVA50_HOME}/jre/lib/charsets.jar

PW

Re: Missing Constraint when switching to JavaSE-1.5 [message #672085 is a reply to message #672068] Thu, 19 May 2011 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Paul, thank you so much for your reply.

No I do not have these entries in my build.properties. I will add them and try again. How would you explain the fact that this runs for 1.6 without them though?

Thanks!
(no subject) [message #672091 is a reply to message #672068] Thu, 19 May 2011 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Paul, thank you so much for your reply.

No I do not have these entries in my build.properties. I will add them and try again. How would you explain the fact that this runs for 1.6 without them though?

Thanks!
Re: (no subject) [message #672243 is a reply to message #672091] Fri, 20 May 2011 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

I'm not sure why 1.6 only worked. What JRE were you using to run your headless builds?

I do know that our stuff doesn't work without all of the BREEs defined in our build.properties.

But looking back on your original post, shouldn't it be:
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5

JavaSE-1.5 doesn't exist.

PW

Re: Missing Constraint when switching to JavaSE-1.5 [message #673395 is a reply to message #672041] Mon, 23 May 2011 14:03 Go to previous message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 19.05.2011 18:46, Zooks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our pde headless build has been supporting java 1.6 as minimum
> requirement. We got a request to change it and support Java 1.5.
> To do so, I did these steps:
>
> Changed the MANIFEST.MF for my 2 plugins to:
> Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.5
>
> Then in my product I changed the launcher from:
> <vm>
> <windows
> include="true">org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6
> </windows>
> </vm>
>
> to
>
> <vm>
> <windows
> include="true">org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/J2SE-1.5
> </windows>
> </vm>
> Am I missing a step?
>
> When I try to build I get this error and the build fails:
>
> [java] [eclipse.generateFeature] Missing Constraint:
> Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.5
Maybe you require a bundle that still wants 1.6?

Dani
>
> Thank you.
Previous Topic:How to enable the "Save" Command in the EMF Editor
Next Topic:Always show intro page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:28:31 GMT 2024