Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » JRE not recognized by execution environment
JRE not recognized by execution environment [message #669695] Wed, 11 May 2011 08:05
Herouth Maoz is currently offline Herouth MaozFriend
Hello.

I am trying to set up an environment at home that will work the same way as my environment at work. It's basically eclipse (Ganimede - I know, it's old, but that's what I have both at work and as the default on my home Linux) JDT + subversive + TestNG and it's supposed to be used for a legacy project which still runs on J2SE 1.4.

So I have installed a vanilla Sun J2SDK 1.4 on my computer, and added its JRE to the list of JREs and marked it. That's all well. However, when I go to "Execution environments" and click on J2SE 1.4, the JRE is not displayed. Only the default system JRE is displayed (1.6).

I have exited and started Eclipse, so the list of JREs has been saved.

I suspect the problem may lie with the fact that my home computer is 64 bits (including Eclipse and its default JRE), while the J2SDK is 32 bits. Can that be true? Can't 64 bit Eclipse run 32 bit Java programs? And if so, why does it accept the JRE in the list of installed JREs?

Any advice (other than "don't use such old software")?
Previous Topic:Rename Java Package programmatically
Next Topic:Windows 7 Remote Java Application problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:05:45 GMT 2024