Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Bundle ClassLoader Question(Request distinction in extension point definitions)
Bundle ClassLoader Question [message #668258] Wed, 04 May 2011 17:30 Go to next message
Mark Millard is currently offline Mark MillardFriend
What is the distinction between the org.eclipse.wb.core.classLoadingContributor extension point and the classLoader-library element used by the toolkit element in the org.eclipse.wb.core.toolkits extension point?

For example, if I have a JAR, myUI.jar, containing my components located in a bundle identified as com.testco.internal.wb, would the XML look like:

<extension point="org.eclipse.wb.core.toolkits">
    <toolkit id="com.testco.wb.nwt">
        <classLoader-library
            bundle="com.testco.internal.wb"
            jar="myUI.jar" />
    </toolkit>
</extension>

Note that this extension is being specified in a different plug-in, i.e. com.testco.wb.nwt.

Where does the org.eclipse.wb.core.classLoadingContributor extension point fall in this scenario?

Thank you for the clarification.
Re: Bundle ClassLoader Question [message #668259 is a reply to message #668258] Wed, 04 May 2011 17:39 Go to previous message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
Well, name "classLoadingContributor" does not fully reflects its usage. It is used to load JavaInfo model class during "paste" operation. Paste happens in WB Core, which does not know about specific UI toolkits. So, these toolkits should inform Core that they provide classes for specific namespaces.

classLoader-library is used to contribute jar into toolkit runtime ClassLoader, i.e. put it near to java.awt.Component, etc. So, this allows to load for palette components which are not in classpath yet.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Previous Topic:String editor
Next Topic:Custom Button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:01:20 GMT 2024