Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Working with whole schema(Is there way how to work with schema (copy, etc..))
Working with whole schema [message #667333] Thu, 28 April 2011 07:55 Go to next message
Vaclav Tuma is currently offline Vaclav TumaFriend
Hi all,
I consider using Eclipselink as an tool for working with database schema (transfering schema data etc.). I don't know if eclipselink supports a simple way howto do following tasks:

- generate schema from entity (I have seen this option in Eclipse developing tool, so I thing it might be not so difficult to use it) Exist somewhere tutorial or examples how to use it?

- transfer data from one schema to other schema (schemas are identically), one way is to call select / insert queries with respect of table dependencies and relations. Question is if exist more comfortable way how to do it with eclipselink.

- working with database specific function like enable/disable constraints (oracle can do that)

- exporting or importing data in specific format (i thing it's called informix format,... data are flushed into text file, each row in file means row from database table and data on line are separated with char "|"

Thank You for tips Smile
Vaclav
Re: Working with whole schema [message #667887 is a reply to message #667333] Mon, 02 May 2011 15:37 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

You could use EclipseLink to read from one database, and write to another, but EclipseLink is a runtime framework not a development tool.

For development, consider using Eclipse's JPA (Dali) and database support, or other tools such as Oracle JDeveloper, etc.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:MOXy: can't xml-bindings xml-transient parent class when it has same name in different package
Next Topic:Avoiding N+One Selects and stale BatchValueHolders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:14:39 GMT 2024