Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: _persistence_listener
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: _persistence_listener [message #664341] Fri, 08 April 2011 12:41 Go to next message
Marek Pribyl is currently offline Marek PribylFriend
Hi all,
I have problem with my spring/jpa/eclipselink webapp. it works pefectly on my local machine, but when deployed to the server it ends up with error:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: _persistence_listener

both machines are 64bit gentoo linux with sun jdk 1.6.24, Tomcat 7.0_12 & mysql 5.1.

I use spring 3.0.5, jpa 2, eclipselink-2.2.0

jpa annotations are placed to the getters and spring's application context contains:

<bean id="entityManagerFactory"  class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean">
                <property name="persistenceUnitName" value="Test"/>
                <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
                <property name="jpaVendorAdapter" ref="jpaVendorAdapter"/>
                <property name="jpaDialect">
            <bean class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.EclipseLinkJpaDialect" />
        </property>
        <property name="persistenceProvider">
            <bean class="org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider" />
        </property>
        <property name="jpaProperties">
                <props>
                        <prop key="eclipselink.weaving.internal">false</prop>
                        <prop key="eclipselink.ddl-generation">drop-and-create-tables</prop>
                        <prop key="eclipselink.ddl-generation.output-mode">database</prop>
                </props>
        </property>
        </bean>

thanks in advance for any hint
marek
Re: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: _persistence_listener [message #664684 is a reply to message #664341] Mon, 11 April 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
Hello,

The problem seems to be that EclipseLink assumes the code has been weaved, but an agent is not being used. I am not sure why <prop key="eclipselink.weaving.internal">false</prop>
is being used, as this only affects weaving in optimizations. To tell EclipseLink that weaving has not been done, you would need to use:
<prop key="eclipselink.weaving">false</prop>

An alternative is to statically weave your classes before deployment so that lazy relationships can be used. See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_(ELUG)#How_to_Configure_Static_Weaving_for_JPA_Entities

Best Regards,
Chris
Re: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: _persistence_listener [message #665068 is a reply to message #664684] Wed, 13 April 2011 07:44 Go to previous message
Marek Pribyl is currently offline Marek PribylFriend
Hi Chris,
thanks for your help, I already used the <prop key="eclipselink.weaving">false</prop> which solved the problem. But I'm still curious why the problem occurs on the server deployment only.

I'm new to the EclipseLink so the <prop key="eclipselink.weaving.internal">false</prop> was just a desperate attempt to solve the problem I found somewhere;-)

I'll definitely take a look on the static weaving as well.

Thanks again,
Marek
Previous Topic:EntityManager can't find entities with URLClassLoader
Next Topic:Create more than one EntityManagerFactory for the same PersistenceUnit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:34:06 GMT 2024