Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Q: eclipse cannot find (g)cc(when running build in Helios/CDT, it fails because Eclipse cannot find the Cygwin tools)
Q: eclipse cannot find (g)cc [message #662925] Fri, 01 April 2011 13:56 Go to next message
Tom Peters is currently offline Tom PetersFriend
Hi,
I cannot get a build to work.
On my MS-Windows XP laptop I installed Eclipse Helios with CDT, and Cygwin under C:\cygwin\ .
I want to compile some old code, and made a new "Makefile project with existing code". I specified that "Cygwin GCC" had to be used as "Toolchain for Indexer settings".
However, build cannot find ´make´and cannot find ´cc´ (both under C:\cygwin\bin\).

When I customize the build command (for C/C++) to specify the full path to `make` (and my project´s existing makefile), indeed make will run, but fails because it cannot find cc.

I even (under Properties; General; Symbols) defined MAKE, CC, and AR symbols but that does not help.

Is there some PATH variable that I need to set? Where?

Note: in the Tool Chain Editor, the [Active] "Default" Configuration has an alert "The configuration support is not installed on the system", which I suppose is not good.

Thanx, Tom
Re: Q: eclipse cannot find (g)cc [message #662964 is a reply to message #662925] Fri, 01 April 2011 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diego is currently offline diegoFriend
You set your windows path environment variable to include c:\cygwin\bin right?

[Updated on: Fri, 01 April 2011 15:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Q: eclipse cannot find (g)cc [message #663162 is a reply to message #662964] Mon, 04 April 2011 07:36 Go to previous message
Tom Peters is currently offline Tom PetersFriend
O, does it look at that envar? I imagined cygwin has its own environment.
Anyway, setting the MS-DOS|-Windows Path worked.
Weird that cygwin install does not set it.
Thanx!
Tom
Previous Topic:Unexpected Debugger Behavior
Next Topic:Compilation problem with wxwidgets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:32:16 GMT 2024