Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Continuation symbol
Continuation symbol [message #662854] Fri, 01 April 2011 09:00 Go to next message
Miriam  is currently offline Miriam Friend
Hi,
I have just tried Papyrus v1.12.3 and, in the palette of sequence diagram, lost and found messages are missing. I also used Papyrus via Eclipse Modeling Project, and I could find lost and found messages in the palette, but there are different features in this version. In my case, I need to use continuation, and it is only allowed inside the ALT combined fragment while I do need it outside the fragment and within ASSERT fragment.
To sum up, I need lost and found messages in sequence diagram palette, and continuation symbol allowed outside ALT fragment. Could I get some help?
Thanks so much

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2011 07:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Palette [message #663448 is a reply to message #662854] Tue, 05 April 2011 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please could anyone help, or just tell me that it's impossible in order not to waste my time on it. I re-ask: haw can I use continuation outside alt fragment, I need a symbol that covers all lifelines, and only continuation allows that.
Thanks
Re: Palette [message #664138 is a reply to message #663448] Thu, 07 April 2011 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent   is currently offline Vincent Friend
Hello,
Lost and Found messages have been removed from the Sequence diagram because they were bugged and causing too much trouble.
Hence, for the moment Papyrus does not support these.

About Continuation, you can not use it outside an Alternative Combined Fragment. This is stated by the UML specification.
You will have to take another element instead, which is allowed by the UML specification, as for example Constraint or Comment.
Re: Palette [message #664150 is a reply to message #664138] Thu, 07 April 2011 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Vincent,
In fact the problem with constraint or comment is that they don't specify which lifelines they are covering. Adding continuation is possible via the *.uml file, but still this dosn't update the diagram; graphically nothing appears, it would be great if we could have a two-way programming between *.uml and *.di. Does Papyrus support that (displaying diagram from the *.uml?).
Thank you so much ^^
Re: Palette [message #665065 is a reply to message #664150] Wed, 13 April 2011 07:41 Go to previous message
Vincent   is currently offline Vincent Friend
Miriam wrote on Thu, 07 April 2011 12:09
Does Papyrus support that (displaying diagram from the *.uml?).

Generally, Papyrus should support drag and drop of a uml element from the Model Explorer view to the diagram.

But this is not always the case (there may be some bugs in some diagrams or missing implementations), and it is enabled only if the element can be actually drawn in the diagram. Which, for your situation, I suspect is not the case...
Previous Topic:Link Lifeline to Class in Sequence Diagrams
Next Topic:Cannot change name for parameter in class diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:38:57 GMT 2024