Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » failed to create a view
failed to create a view [message #658128] Sun, 06 March 2011 20:17 Go to next message
Elhamlaoui Mahmoud is currently offline Elhamlaoui MahmoudFriend
Hi,

I have a prolblem that i couldnt figure out its cause,i got the following exception :
Quote:

org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException: While executing the operation, an exception occurred
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory .execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:519)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack .execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:205) ...
Caused by: org.eclipse.jface.util.Assert$AssertionFailedException: null argument;failed to create a view

any ideas
thanks
Re: failed to create a view [message #658202 is a reply to message #658128] Mon, 07 March 2011 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Golubev is currently offline Michael GolubevFriend
Hello,

Its very specific to your context.

I would start to debug with breakpoint at the generated XXXViewProvider#protected boolean provides(CreateNodeViewOperation op).

Unfortunately this is being called a lot of times, so I would disable it until the interesting call to ViewService is actually made.

Regards,
Michael
Re: failed to create a view [message #658293 is a reply to message #658202] Mon, 07 March 2011 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

thanks for the hint i will try to debug on provides(CreateNodeViewOperation op) method and see what's going on.
Re: failed to create a view [message #658905 is a reply to message #658293] Thu, 10 March 2011 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I found a solution in the link below, may be it could help someone :

http://www.jevon.org/wiki/Having_Multiple_Containments_of_th e_Same_Domain_Element_in_GMF

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2011 11:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: failed to create a view [message #814459 is a reply to message #658905] Tue, 06 March 2012 13:30 Go to previous message
Zlatka Manas is currently offline Zlatka ManasFriend
Hi,
I am trying to fix this error as well. I get the error when trying to draw a process. I don't get an element on the canvas. If I try to draw a cluster I get two cluster elements. I have this:

Top Node: instance:Instance/Cluster
Node Ref. : Instance/Cluster
Top Node: instance:Instance/Process
Node Ref. : Instance/Process

Instance class has a classDefinition which contains the details for a class (Cluster or Process).
I tried to fix it by following the link in the previous post, but which name do I specify in the following:
return domainElement.eContainingFeature().getName().equals("????"); Instance goes for both elements. If OCL is better for this case what would the constraint be? How to distinguish between the instances?
Previous Topic:Fixed a size of an Ellipse
Next Topic:Change diagram's background color
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:13:03 GMT 2024