Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Using Eclipse to debug Apache/PHP 5.x on Ubuntu(How to set up so I can set through code?)
Using Eclipse to debug Apache/PHP 5.x on Ubuntu [message #655036] Fri, 18 February 2011 06:29 Go to next message
sneakyimp Mising name is currently offline sneakyimp Mising nameFriend
I have a fresh install of 64-bit ubuntu running on another computer. I have Eclipse and PDT installed on the machine and can edit files and interact with SVN.

I'm wondering how to set up a project so that I can actually step through my PHP code for pages accessed via apache. Is this possible. I'm really anxious to get this working. Any hints would be very very welcome.
Re: Using Eclipse to debug Apache/PHP 5.x on Ubuntu [message #655577 is a reply to message #655036] Mon, 21 February 2011 19:35 Go to previous message
sneakyimp Mising name is currently offline sneakyimp Mising nameFriend
Alrighty, I have managed to get this working. It required me to compile XDebug and install it as a PHP module.

I'm wondering a couple of other things:
* What about debugging a page that is accessed via mod_rewrite rule? For instance the filename might be index.php but the url might be something like this:
http://domain.com/seo-friendly-url/seo-friendly-name-id

* Can one debug a multithreaded PHP script like this using Eclipse:
http://webscripts.softpedia.com/script/PHP-Clases/Multi-Thre aded-Daemon-51653.html

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Previous Topic:Interactivity between files
Next Topic:Connection to Remote Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:20:39 GMT 2024