Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » local provider never seems to resolve components
local provider never seems to resolve components [message #654696] Wed, 16 February 2011 17:58 Go to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
I'm attempting to use the local provider in my rmap to resolve various components that have already been checked out into my workspace directory (although not registered as projects). It typically fails like this:

uk.ac.gda.nexus:osgi.bundle: Trying provider local(file://{0}/plugins/{1}[file:///scratch/xx/plugins/uk.ac.gda.nexus])
uk.ac.gda.nexus:osgi.bundle: Found match 
uk.ac.gda.nexus:osgi.bundle: Using provider local(file://{0}/plugins/{1}[file:///scratch/xx/plugins/uk.ac.gda.nexus])
uk.ac.gda.nexus:osgi.bundle: Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider local(file:///scratch/xx/plugins/uk.ac.gda.nexus): Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle

In this case, the directory file:///scratch/xx/plugins/uk.ac.gda.nexus actually exists, and contains the correct content, with no permissions problems.

This is the type of entry in my rmap:
    <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle" resolutionFilter="(try_local_provider=yes)" readerType="local">
      <rm:uri format="file://{0}/plugins/{1}">
        <bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root"/>
        <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
      </rm:uri>
    </rm:provider>
    <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle" readerType="svn">
      <rm:uri format="${GDA_subversion}/${GDA_branch}/plugins/{0}">
        <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
      </rm:uri>
    </rm:provider>

It always fails and falls through to the svn provider. This happens for every component type. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Re: local provider never seems to resolve components [message #654789 is a reply to message #654696] Thu, 17 February 2011 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Matthew,

please note that if you have several providers in a searchPath, the resolver never "falls through". It will always
consult *all* providers listed and then select the best version found. If you want to do a "fall through", then you must
have several <locator ... failOnError="false"/> in the rmap that appoints different searchPaths.

HTH,
- thomas

On 2011-02-16 18:58, Matthew Webber wrote:
> I'm attempting to use the local provider in my rmap to resolve various components that have already been checked out
> into my workspace directory (although not registered as projects). It typically fails like this:
>
>
> uk.ac.gda.nexus:osgi.bundle: Trying provider local(file://{0}/plugins/{1}[file:///scratch/xx/plugins/uk.ac.gda.nexus])
> uk.ac.gda.nexus:osgi.bundle: Found match uk.ac.gda.nexus:osgi.bundle: Using provider
> local(file://{0}/plugins/{1}[file:///scratch/xx/plugins/uk.ac.gda.nexus])
> uk.ac.gda.nexus:osgi.bundle: Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider
> local(file:///scratch/xx/plugins/uk.ac.gda.nexus): Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle
>
> In this case, the directory file:///scratch/xx/plugins/uk.ac.gda.nexus actually exists, and contains the correct
> content, with no permissions problems.
>
> This is the type of entry in my rmap:
>
> <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle" resolutionFilter="(try_local_provider=yes)" readerType="local">
> <rm:uri format="file://{0}/plugins/{1}">
> <bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root"/>
> <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
> </rm:uri>
> </rm:provider>
> <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle" readerType="svn">
> <rm:uri format="${GDA_subversion}/${GDA_branch}/plugins/{0}">
> <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
> </rm:uri>
> </rm:provider>
>
> It always fails and falls through to the svn provider. This happens for every component type. What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Re: local provider never seems to resolve components [message #654837 is a reply to message #654789] Thu, 17 February 2011 11:41 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
Thanks. The problem turned out to be an error in a script file - I was actually deleting my local copy, so of course it was not found by the provider.

The message Missing CSpec source indicates just that.
Previous Topic:Buckminster stuck at 83% executing site.p2 job
Next Topic:"create.legacy.site" does not exist in the project "org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.misc&
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:32:35 GMT 2024