Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Diff PackageExplorer and ProjectExplorer?
Diff PackageExplorer and ProjectExplorer? [message #648632] Thu, 13 January 2011 17:41 Go to next message
Ben StoverFriend
Messages: 104
Registered: January 2010
Senior Member
I have two Eclipse installations.

On one I am working with the Package Explorer on the other with the Project Explorer.

When I look at the pane content I can see no difference.

Is there any difference at all?

Ben
Re: Diff PackageExplorer and ProjectExplorer? [message #648685 is a reply to message #648632] Fri, 14 January 2011 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak AzadFriend
Messages: 545
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 1/13/2011 11:11 PM, Ben wrote:
> I have two Eclipse installations.
>
> On one I am working with the Package Explorer on the other with the
> Project Explorer.
>
> When I look at the pane content I can see no difference.
>
> Is there any difference at all?
>
> Ben
One difference is that you can filter stuff in Package Explorer, View
Menu > Filters. (For View menu click on the inverted triangle icon on
the top right of the Package Explorer)
Re: Diff PackageExplorer and ProjectExplorer? [message #648710 is a reply to message #648685] Fri, 14 January 2011 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 14.01.2011 03:38, Deepak Azad wrote:
> On 1/13/2011 11:11 PM, Ben wrote:
>> I have two Eclipse installations.
>>
>> On one I am working with the Package Explorer on the other with the
>> Project Explorer.
>>
>> When I look at the pane content I can see no difference.
>>
>> Is there any difference at all?
>>
>> Ben
> One difference is that you can filter stuff in Package Explorer, View
> Menu > Filters. (For View menu click on the inverted triangle icon on
> the top right of the Package Explorer)
Well, actually that's not a difference, see Project Exploer view menu >
Customize View...

There are two main differences:
1. the Package Explorer is highly tuned up for Java development (UI and
performance)
2. the Project Explorer is extensible i.e. it can show the structure of
different project types and people can extend the Project Explorer with
their own project type.

Dani
Re: Diff PackageExplorer and ProjectExplorer? [message #649108 is a reply to message #648710] Mon, 17 January 2011 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben StoverFriend
Messages: 104
Registered: January 2010
Senior Member
So that means:

If I develop Java prgms I should prefer the
Package Explorer.

If I develop with other programming languages then I should take Project Explorer

Correct?

Ben
Re: Diff PackageExplorer and ProjectExplorer? [message #649195 is a reply to message #649108] Tue, 18 January 2011 07:05 Go to previous message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 17.01.2011 18:22, Ben wrote:
> So that means:
>
> If I develop Java prgms I should prefer the
> Package Explorer.
>
> If I develop with other programming languages then I should take
> Project Explorer
>
> Correct?
Yep.

Dani
>
> Ben
Previous Topic:ASTNode.findDeclaringNode() works for parameterized types?
Next Topic:ASTRewrite.replace() and ASTRewrite.createGroupNode()
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Nov 27 16:20:24 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01710 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software