Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Access Denied on project folders following Project Clean(Windows folder permissions are getting messed up after cleaning a project.)
Access Denied on project folders following Project Clean [message #647779] Sat, 08 January 2011 22:05 Go to next message
Peter Carroll is currently offline Peter CarrollFriend
When I clean my project, subsequent builds fail because of invalid folder permissions.

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
- Java 1.6.9_23 32 bit
- Eclipse 3.5 32 bit
- Blackberry Development Plugin 1.1 32 bit

Everything works properly until I do Project Clean. This cleans out the project folder then recreates the structure below the MyProject/.preprocessed and MyProject/bin folders.

Eclipse (or whatever it calls) creates the first subfolder under each with invalid permissions. Interrogating the folder, even the administrator can not retrieve the permissions.

Then the preprocessor build fails with Access Denied on files that should be created within the .preprocessed folder. Ultimately...

The project was not built due to "Could not write file: D:\Documents\Eclipse\MultiTimer\bin\ca.". Fix the problem, then try refreshing this project and building it since it may be inconsistent.

At this point I can not interrogate or delete the "ca" folders (ca is the first folder in my package name).

To get past this, I have to reboot the PC into safe mode, login as the administrator, and delete the "ca" folders.

At this point checking the permissions and ownership shows that they are perfectly normal folders that can be deleted without trouble.

Once deleted, I reboot normally and everything works... at least until I do Project Clean again when the cycle starts all over again.

Help!

Re: Access Denied on project folders following Project Clean [message #1016067 is a reply to message #647779] Mon, 04 March 2013 19:30 Go to previous message
Nadi Findikli is currently offline Nadi FindikliFriend
Bump...

I am running Eclipse SDK
Version: 3.7.2
Build id: M20120208-0800
On Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1

If I clean a project the ./bin directories do not get re-created. I don't think it is a read-only attribute issue but nonetheless, if the directories are gone they are gone.

SO, I created the directories under ./bin manually and now Eclipse is complaining that it cannot delete the directories!

I am an administrator on this machine and I am creating the directories and running eclipse from the same account. In case it makes any difference, the directories are under subversion control.

I also tried this with Juno, same issue.

Anybody dealt with this this recently?
Previous Topic:resolvebinding always return null with using UIMA framework
Next Topic:Problem in using javascript file in Eclipse Indigo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:37:05 GMT 2024