Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » "Synchronize View" lists files with unchanged content after files have been regenerated
"Synchronize View" lists files with unchanged content after files have been regenerated [message #647427] Thu, 06 January 2011 09:37
kungfoo is currently offline kungfooFriend
Hi all,

When we use your current Subversive plug-in with Eclipse Helios its "Team" -> "Synchronize View" lists files which have no change. In consequence, we have to double-click-us-through a lot of source files in the "Synchronize View" to only discover that there is no change and that we do not have to commit a particular file into our SVN repository.

http://i.imgur.com/6TqCg.png

These two files do not actually have any changes.

In our project we use a self-written Eclipse plug-in which generates Java code from some configuration files. We also check-in those generated source code files into our SVN repository. After some testing we determined that only these generated source code files turn up in the "Synchronize View" without having any difference w.r.t. the already checked-in version. Note, we verified that both generated and the already checked-in file are identical by comparing their MD5 hashes.

We use two "different" ways of executing our plug-in code in Eclipse. Although the same plug-in code is executed (we verified this) in one case the generated files have the "SVN Text Status: Replaced (Not Added)" and in the other "SVN Text Status: Not Modified". If the generated files have the status "Replaced (Not Added)" they turn up in the "Synchronize View". With this, the problem boils down to the question: Why do our generated files have got the status "Replaced (Not Added)" instead of "Not Modified"?

Here are the two ways we execute our plug-in code to generate these source code files. When we fully build our project, our plug-in code is triggered. It deletes all already existing generated source code files and generates them anew. The generated files now have the status "Replaced (Not Added)". However, if we select a generated source code file, delete it and generate it by manually executing corresponding GUI actions, the generated file has the status "Not Modified". We do not understand why there is a difference between these two approaches.

An interesting side note: Generated source files are not deleted during the clean-phase, but during the full rebuild phase. We are not certain wether this might be the source of the error.

We also tested the Subclipse Eclipse plugin and found that its "Synchronize View" does not show files with the same content. However, until the synchronize view is shown, the files are also marked with status 'D'.
Moving from Subversive to Subclipse would actually solve our problem. However, we are interested in finding a solution for your plug-in.

Is this error due to the fact that files are deleted during the build phase, or is there an error in the subversive code that causes it to record those files as deleted, even if some of them are added back to the source tree without modification?

Thank you in advance.

What we are using the following environment:
- Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers, Helios Service Release 1 (build-id 20100917-0705)
- Native JavaHL 1.6 Implementation 2.2.2.I20101203-1700 org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector.javahl16.feature.gro up
- Subversive Revision Graph 0.7.9.I20100917-1700 org.eclipse.team.svn.revision.graph.feature.group
- Subversive SVN Connectors 2.2.2.I20101203-1700 org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector.feature.group
- Subversive SVN JDT Ignore Extensions 0.7.9.I20100512-1900 org.eclipse.team.svn.resource.ignore.rules.jdt.feature.group
- Subversive SVN Team Provider 0.7.9.I20101001-1700 org.eclipse.team.svn.feature.group
- Subversive SVN Team Provider Localization 0.7.9.I20100512-1900 org.eclipse.team.svn.nl1.feature.group
Previous Topic:Subversive installed but nowhere to be found
Next Topic:Helios release problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:54:21 GMT 2024