Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [MARTE profile] Stereotypes conceptual mapping
[MARTE profile] Stereotypes conceptual mapping [message #644078] Thu, 09 December 2010 11:35 Go to next message
Dave  is currently offline Dave Friend
Hi all,

I'm looking for a MARTE profile stereotype that could express the concept of "demand vector", as it follows:
a demand vector is a set of couples (resource, units) that express how many units of service an execution step requires to each software resource.
An example of demand vector is: (CPU=10, DbAx=4, Msg=6), where CPU, DbAx and Msg are software resources and Integer values are the required units of service.
So, I would like to express this concept by means of MARTE stereotypes applied to Message elements of an UML2 Interaction diagram.
I thought the <<GaAcqStep>> and its tagged values "acqRes" and "resUnits" could be something good for my purposes, but I've realized that acqRes is a single resource and resUnits is a single Integer value; It would be perfect for me if it could be possible express more couples, not only one. Because a Message represents an execution step, I should express its demand vector. Supposing that I want to express the previous demand vector, it's inadmissible creating three Messages (with the same name), each one with the <<GaAcqStep>> applied, expressing only one couple (resource, units). I'm looking for an easier solution...

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Dave.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2010 11:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [MARTE profile] Stereotypes conceptual mapping [message #648548 is a reply to message #644078] Thu, 13 January 2011 13:35 Go to previous message
Dave  is currently offline Dave Friend
Hi all,
I solved this issue by means of some modification to the MARTE profile. That are non-invalidating modifications: this meansthat models conform to the last official version of the MARTE profile are still valid in my modified version. This is acceptable for my commiters, so this issue is considered solved.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Dave.
Previous Topic:[ATL] Parallel Combined Fragments question.
Next Topic:[ATL] ATL transformation output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:29:09 GMT 2024