Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » OSGi debug - updating saved resources and refreshing bundles(OSGi debug - updating saved resources and refreshing bundles)
OSGi debug - updating saved resources and refreshing bundles [message #634928] Mon, 25 October 2010 07:36 Go to next message
David Erickson is currently offline David EricksonFriend
Hi all-
I am using PDE to develop OSGi web bundles that are deployed into Jetty using Spring DM (aka Gemini). One major problem I have is anytime I update a css/html/jsp/etc file I have to outright stop my OSGi container and restart it to pick up the changes. I'm sure you can imagine this is frustrating and a waste of time.

I would imagine this could be fixed by:
-Launching exploded bundles, where the exploded file is updated anytime the source changes
-Trigger an (optional) bundle reload in the OSGi container anytime a resource changes

Is it possible to do this today? I'd love to have functionality similar to WTP where you can deploy in place and edit to your heart's content.

Re: OSGi debug - updating saved resources and refreshing bundles [message #634952 is a reply to message #634928] Mon, 25 October 2010 08:19 Go to previous message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
I answered this question in the Gemini forum, where it was cross posted. I suggest we proceed the discussion there to avoid any fork. 8
Previous Topic:Question about using plug-in fragments
Next Topic:Collecting all log4j "Logger" instances from all plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 09 08:59:43 GMT 2015