Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » IntroPart/ configExtension & the debugging thereof
IntroPart/ configExtension & the debugging thereof [message #633927] Tue, 19 October 2010 22:17
Mark Storer is currently offline Mark StorerFriend

I'm developing a product for my employer, and it occurred to me that it'd be good to have one of those introduction icons as a beacon to light the way for what may be our customers' first experience with Eclipse.

The only documentation I've found is the JavaDoc itself, which isn't particularly... verbose. Nothing on the wiki (save a comment about its possible removal in e4), and nothing particularly illuminating here... no snippets...

As I understand it, IntroPart replaces the current "Welcome" page with something you come up with yourself, while configExtension allows you to add on to something already there.

My first problem is that I only see the "...ui.intro" extension point, not "...configExtension".

And in the event that I do get this working, how on earth do I debug it? Is it enough to check the "clear workspace" option to see the welcome page?

I'm also not seeing the "help->welcome" menu item, which really puts a crimp in things.

Err.... help?

--Mark Storer
Senior Software Engineer
Autonomy Cardiff

import legalese.disclaimer;
Disclaimer<Cardiff> disCard = null;

Google Code Search
Previous Topic:Cut/Copy/Paste in an Editor
Next Topic:Override definitions in plugin.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:12:32 GMT 2024