|NoClassDefFoundError when starting Virgo milestone 5 from tooling [message #631316]
||Thu, 07 October 2010 03:21
| Glyn Normington
Registered: July 2009
When an attempt is made to start Virgo 2.1.0.M05-incubation using the Eclipse tooling, the following exception occurs:|
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301 )
This was due to over-zealous reorganisation of the kernel directory layout on my part with insufficient regard to the tooling. Apologies for the inconvenience.
bug 32719 has been logged and this will be fixed in Virgo 2.1.0.M06-incubation.
Meanwhile either revert to milestone 4 or reconfigure the tooling as follows as a temporary workaround:
1. Open the "Servers" window in the tooling.
2. Determine the Virgo server to be reconfigured.
3. Double click the Virgo server to open up the server window.
4. Navigate to the "Overview" pane.
5. Click the "Open launch configuration" link.
6. Navigate to the "Classpath" pane.
7. Select "User Entries".
8. Add each of the 5 JARs in the launcher directory to the classpath in turn (the order does not matter), by clicking "Add External JARs...", navigating to $SERVER_HOME/lib/launcher, and adding the JARs as necessary.
9. Back on the "Classpath" pane, once all 5 JARs have been added, click "Apply" then "Ok".
It should now be possible to launch Virgo as usual.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02698 seconds