|errors while metamodeling [message #624422]
||Mon, 20 August 2007 11:56
| Manar El-Kady
Registered: July 2009
I build a metamodel as a heavyweight extension.I do the following steps:
- create an empty UML model
- convert the model to a metamodel
- apply the ecore profile, and then apply the epackage stereotype to the
root model element
- add some elements for the metamodel
- merge the primitive types package
- add the infrastructure.uml as a resource to my metamodel (Note: I
added it by using the editor. I added it from a project in my workspace
- While creating the elements of the metamodels I extended classes from
the subpackages of the Abstractions package. So, I imported the packages
that containing the classes which I extend.
- finally I apply the package merge, and convert it again to a metamodel.
My questions are:
- After these steps I did a validation, and an error occur " Not all the
members of a namespace'<<metamodel, ePackage>> <Model> MAS-UML' are
distinguishable within it." ??
- I tried to do these steps without doing package import and I didn't
notice any difference or errors happened. so, what is the need for doing
a package import in a metamodeling?
- After creating the metamodel I create an EMF project for code
generation. Here, I obligated to generate code for the
infrastructureLibrary package, which I didn't need. Why that?
- After the code generation, there are some errors in the generated code
for the infrastructureLibrary package and for my metamodel code. all the
errors in the impl files and said that xxx cannot be resolved??
Sorry for this long mail, and thanks in advance.
I applied the epackage
stereotype to the root element, merged the primitive types package, and
import some sub-packaged from the the Abstractions package
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01798 seconds