Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » EMF Compare with large files
EMF Compare with large files [message #622951] Fri, 28 May 2010 15:21
Maxime Jaouen is currently offline Maxime JaouenFriend
Hello,
I develop an Eclipse RCP application and i use EMF Compare to compare ecore files into this application. But i must compare very large ecore files (between 10Mo and 20Mo), and when those files are larger than 10Mo the comparaison has never end. To optimize a little the comparaison, i use this code to launch comparaison (found in FAQ EMF Compare) :
EObject model2 = ModelUtils.load(origine, resourceSet);
EObject model1 = ModelUtils.load(modif, resourceSet);
MatchModel match = MatchService.doMatch(model1, model2, Collections.<String, Object> emptyMap());
DiffModel diff = DiffService.doDiff(match, false); With the DiffModel, i can obtains all differences and generate a report. I want optimize EMF Compare for compare my large files. I read an other topic ( http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=167686& amp;start=0&) and i think the IDs system can help me to optimize the comparaison, but i don't understand how IDs are determinate. (for example, if i generate 2 same ecore, have it the same IDs ?)

Please, can anybody explain me the ID system in ecore files? or give me a hint to solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot,

Maxime
Previous Topic:[Texo] Generating model code programmatically
Next Topic:[Ecore Tools] Diagram editor: reflect model changes automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:13:36 GMT 2024