Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Empty password
Empty password [message #61598] Tue, 11 November 2008 05:52 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: morten.hindsholm.dk

I am developing a connector, and I think I might have spotted a minor bug.

My backend requires a login, but it is legal to have an empty password.

However, AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isPageComplete() explicitly checks -
via the private method isMissingCredentials() - against empty passwords.

This means that I cannot easily implement isPageComplete() in my
RepositorySettings class which extends AbstractRepositorySettingsPage, because
I cannot call super.isPageComplete() with an empty password, and I also cannot
bypass AbstractRepositorySettingsPage and call isPageComplete() in its
superclass AbstractTaskRepositoryPage. If you understand...

I think a reasonable fix would be to make
AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isMissingCredentials() protected instead of
private.

--
/\/\orten
Re: Empty password [message #61657 is a reply to message #61598] Tue, 11 November 2008 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steffen Pingel is currently offline Steffen Pingel
Messages: 706
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Please file a new bug to request this API enhancement:

http://eclipse.org/mylyn/

Thanks.

Steffen


Morten Hindsholm wrote:

> I am developing a connector, and I think I might have spotted a minor bug.
>
> My backend requires a login, but it is legal to have an empty password.
>
> However, AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isPageComplete() explicitly checks
> - via the private method isMissingCredentials() - against empty passwords.
>
> This means that I cannot easily implement isPageComplete() in my
> RepositorySettings class which extends AbstractRepositorySettingsPage,
> because I cannot call super.isPageComplete() with an empty password, and I
> also cannot bypass AbstractRepositorySettingsPage and call
> isPageComplete() in its superclass AbstractTaskRepositoryPage. If you
> understand...
>
> I think a reasonable fix would be to make
> AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isMissingCredentials() protected instead of
> private.
>
Re: Empty password [message #61681 is a reply to message #61657] Wed, 12 November 2008 05:04 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: morten.hindsholm.dk

Steffen Pingel <steffen.pingel@tasktop.com> writes:
> Please file a new bug to request this API enhancement:
>
> http://eclipse.org/mylyn/

Bug #255003 filed.

> Thanks.

You're welcome :-)

>
> Steffen
>
>
> Morten Hindsholm wrote:
>
>> I am developing a connector, and I think I might have spotted a minor bug.
>>
>> My backend requires a login, but it is legal to have an empty password.
>>
>> However, AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isPageComplete() explicitly checks
>> - via the private method isMissingCredentials() - against empty passwords.
>>
>> This means that I cannot easily implement isPageComplete() in my
>> RepositorySettings class which extends AbstractRepositorySettingsPage,
>> because I cannot call super.isPageComplete() with an empty password, and I
>> also cannot bypass AbstractRepositorySettingsPage and call
>> isPageComplete() in its superclass AbstractTaskRepositoryPage. If you
>> understand...
>>
>> I think a reasonable fix would be to make
>> AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isMissingCredentials() protected instead of
>> private.
>>
>

--
/\/\orten
Re: Empty password [message #594767 is a reply to message #61598] Tue, 11 November 2008 15:56 Go to previous message
Steffen Pingel is currently offline Steffen Pingel
Messages: 706
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Please file a new bug to request this API enhancement:

http://eclipse.org/mylyn/

Thanks.

Steffen


Morten Hindsholm wrote:

> I am developing a connector, and I think I might have spotted a minor bug.
>
> My backend requires a login, but it is legal to have an empty password.
>
> However, AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isPageComplete() explicitly checks
> - via the private method isMissingCredentials() - against empty passwords.
>
> This means that I cannot easily implement isPageComplete() in my
> RepositorySettings class which extends AbstractRepositorySettingsPage,
> because I cannot call super.isPageComplete() with an empty password, and I
> also cannot bypass AbstractRepositorySettingsPage and call
> isPageComplete() in its superclass AbstractTaskRepositoryPage. If you
> understand...
>
> I think a reasonable fix would be to make
> AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isMissingCredentials() protected instead of
> private.
>
Re: Empty password [message #594778 is a reply to message #61657] Wed, 12 November 2008 05:04 Go to previous message
Morten Hindsholm is currently offline Morten Hindsholm
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Steffen Pingel <steffen.pingel@tasktop.com> writes:
> Please file a new bug to request this API enhancement:
>
> http://eclipse.org/mylyn/

Bug #255003 filed.

> Thanks.

You're welcome :-)

>
> Steffen
>
>
> Morten Hindsholm wrote:
>
>> I am developing a connector, and I think I might have spotted a minor bug.
>>
>> My backend requires a login, but it is legal to have an empty password.
>>
>> However, AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isPageComplete() explicitly checks
>> - via the private method isMissingCredentials() - against empty passwords.
>>
>> This means that I cannot easily implement isPageComplete() in my
>> RepositorySettings class which extends AbstractRepositorySettingsPage,
>> because I cannot call super.isPageComplete() with an empty password, and I
>> also cannot bypass AbstractRepositorySettingsPage and call
>> isPageComplete() in its superclass AbstractTaskRepositoryPage. If you
>> understand...
>>
>> I think a reasonable fix would be to make
>> AbstractRepositorySettingsPage.isMissingCredentials() protected instead of
>> private.
>>
>

--
/\/\orten
Previous Topic:Mylyn WikiText Stand-Alone Package Available
Next Topic:Mylyn issues with respect to JBoss jira
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Aug 23 03:32:11 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02989 seconds