Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » how to extend the plugin project creation/modification
how to extend the plugin project creation/modification [message #606489] Fri, 20 August 2010 09:16 Go to next message
prakash totiger is currently offline prakash totigerFriend
hi
I would like to build custom plugin project, by extending the current plugin project creation/modification class or API.
Similar to creatiing the custom c/c++ project by extending the CDT class. I have checked the org.eclipse.pde.core.project package, but it is not suffiecient. or not complete.most of the class are internal.
Can you any one help me please
Re: how to extend the plugin project creation/modification [message #606490 is a reply to message #606489] Fri, 20 August 2010 15:42 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
Opening up the project creation wizards as api has been requested before (my quick search didn't find the bug number). There was an attempt made at fixing it, but it was too difficult to decouple the core/ui code to make a usable api.

Depending on how you want to customize it, you could consider just providing a template. We did add api to create a project creation wizard that used the standard pde wizard, but a template was prechosen for you.

Another option would be to write your own UI and use the project creation apis which were added in 3.6. See org.eclipse.pde.core.project There are complete apis there to create a new project, so I'm not sure why it is insufficient for your needs.
Previous Topic:how to extend the plugin project creation/modification
Next Topic:Headless RCP Product build missing dependent plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:05:30 GMT 2024