Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » [Standalone app] Standalone app not displaying widgets
[Standalone app] Standalone app not displaying widgets [message #604809] Thu, 25 February 2010 23:45 Go to next message
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
I am having trouble getting a standalone app to run properly. It will not display the widgets in the form that is opened. The form was from an EEF generation, and it is displayed in the properties view.

I built a plugin using EMF and EEF and the plugin runs great when it is launched from the eclipse workbench using "Run As" "Eclipse Application".

I wanted to make it a standalone app, so I created a new product configuration. After filling out the info for the created product configuration and adding the required plugins, I went to the Overview tab of the created product configuration, synchronized the configuration and I launched the app as an eclipse application. It worked perfectly!

I proceeded to the Eclipse Product export wizard and generated the standalone app. It generated with no errors.

When I ran the app, the EEF form opened in the properties window, but only the outline of the form and the tab labeled "Base" were displayed. None of the widgets displayed.

I have posted this in the EMF/[EEF] forum, and they think it is a PDE problem, so I am posting it here.

Any ideas!

Thanks.
Re: [Standalone app] Standalone app not displaying widgets [message #604886 is a reply to message #604809] Thu, 04 March 2010 16:52 Go to previous message
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
This problem turned out to be the src-gen folder was not in the build.properties of the edit project. See:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=163106& amp;start=0&

Thanks.
Previous Topic:[Standalone app] Standalone app not displaying widgets
Next Topic:Adding a pulldown button to a view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:14:50 GMT 2024