Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » OS-specific Eclipse features in update site project
OS-specific Eclipse features in update site project [message #602524] Thu, 15 October 2009 09:24
Peter Saunders is currently offline Peter SaundersFriend
Hi

I have two Eclipse feature projects, one is specific to Windows, one is specific to Linux. I would like to create a single update site project which I can build on Linux but provides both features. I would like end users of the site to see only the feature that is relevant to their own operating system. I am using Eclipse Galileo SR1 (version 3.5.1).

If I specify os=win32 for a specific feature in feature.xml then the feature is not included in the update site when building on Linux.

If I specify os=win32 for a specific feature in site.xml then the feature _is_ included in the update site but the feature is visible by end users of the update site regardless of their operating system. It is not clear to me what difference the use of os=win32 in site.xml is making.

Is it possible to achieve my goal or will I need to create separate update sites for Windows users and Linux users?

Thanks

Peter Saunders
Previous Topic:OS-specific Eclipse features in update site project
Next Topic:Create new dynamic help for existing Text Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:58:26 GMT 2024