Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Plugin to add files to Package Explorer
Plugin to add files to Package Explorer [message #602296] Tue, 06 October 2009 13:15 Go to next message
Cosmin is currently offline CosminFriend
I would like to deploy an plugin that autommatically adds files to Package Explorer view on eclipse startup.
Can someone point me in the right direction as I am an beginner in eclipse environment?
Re: Plugin to add files to Package Explorer [message #602308 is a reply to message #602296] Wed, 07 October 2009 16:11 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
The package explorer just displays what is in your workspace (in a java specific format). So to add a file to it, you just need to create a new file in the workspace.

Creating files is done using the org.eclipse.core.resource apis. For an example, you might want to start with the WizardNewFileCreationPage in org.eclipse.ui.dialogs. PDE has several wizards based on that one to create new files (target definitions, table of contents, product configs, etc).
Previous Topic:Plugin to add files to Package Explorer
Next Topic:Where did the Export Deployable Plugins and Features wizard go?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:21:04 GMT 2024