Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler
Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler [message #601199] Wed, 18 August 2010 18:31
Elizabeth  is currently offline Elizabeth Friend
I have an aspectJ-enabled project, which runs properly from the IDE. However, when I try to export the project (in eclipse File->Export->Eclipse product with AspectJ support), I get errors, such as "failure[-1] running ajc" and "compile error".

I have discovered that I get the "failure[-1] running ajc" error when any plug-in in my project has a .jar on the build path that is not also on the class path. I get the "compile error" message when I have a plug-in that has multiple dependencies on another project, each with different versions. I don't get these errors when using the normal export (from eclipse, File->Export->Eclipse product) or when running from the IDE.

I'm using Eclipse 3.5.2 and AJDT 2.1.0.

Why do I get these errors ONLY when I try to export with aspectJ support? Are there settings that the aspectJ compiler uses that the normal java compiler doesn't? Is there any way I can fix this without having to change all of my plug-ins?
Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP + AspectJ + Equinox + ltw
Next Topic:Getting examples to run
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:11:17 GMT 2024