Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » WikiText: following links in the preview
WikiText: following links in the preview [message #600606] Wed, 10 February 2010 18:51 Go to next message
Heribert  Schütz is currently offline Heribert Schütz
Messages: 24
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

for documenting technical aspects of my code I'd like to use a wiki that is simply a set of files in wiki syntax on my disk (but managed in the revision control system, together with the code).

WikiText already gets me quite close to this. I have several textile files and they are all nicely displayed in preview mode. Thanks a lot to the people who made this possible.

The main thing I'd still need is that clicking a (relative) link to another file actually opens that file in an editor tab instead of showing the source in a browser tab. That would be just like the behavior of F3 in Java source. (It would also be nice if one could follow links in WikiText's source view, but that's not so urgent.)

Is this already possible and I just didn't find out how?

If it's not yet possible: Could it be added? Or does it contradict some underlying WikiText philosopy?

Best regards,
Heribert.
Re: WikiText: following links in the preview [message #600680 is a reply to message #600606] Sat, 13 February 2010 19:53 Go to previous message
David Green is currently offline David Green
Messages: 96
Registered: July 2009
Member
Heribert,

Some answers below:

On 10/02/10 10:51 AM, Heribert Schütz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for documenting technical aspects of my code I'd like to use a wiki that
> is simply a set of files in wiki syntax on my disk (but managed in the
> revision control system, together with the code).

Sounds good!

> WikiText already gets me quite close to this. I have several textile
> files and they are all nicely displayed in preview mode. Thanks a lot to
> the people who made this possible.
>
> The main thing I'd still need is that clicking a (relative) link to
> another file actually opens that file in an editor tab instead of
> showing the source in a browser tab. That would be just like the
> behavior of F3 in Java source. (It would also be nice if one could
> follow links in WikiText's source view, but that's not so urgent.)

Textile links are designed to link to a filename. For example "The Mylyn Homepage":http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn
It'll work fine for you if you want the links to resolve once you've generated HTML from the Textile source. For
example, given two pages:

one.textile
two.textile

You should be able to link from one to two as follows: "two":two.html

> Is this already possible and I just didn't find out how?
>
> If it's not yet possible: Could it be added? Or does it contradict some
> underlying WikiText philosopy?

Perhaps Mylyn WikiText should be smart enough to support your workflow, in other words if you click on the link in the
source view it should open the editor for the textile file instead of the HTML file.

If this is what you'd like to see please file a bug for this under Tools/Mylyn/WikiText

David
Previous Topic:Java API for OSLC CM 1.0
Next Topic:Trim Widget to Graduate?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Sep 22 16:25:05 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.07415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software