|New CVS? [message #595826]
||Sat, 18 October 2003 21:22
Originally posted by: derisor.arcor.de|
Lets face it, CVS is an OLD product. Furthermore, the development of CVS is
almost dead having few releases in recent years. At least this is my opinion.
What I am doing in polling the community of open source developers as to what
they think. I am seriously considering starting a project to replace CVS using
Java technology in the way that Ant has virtually replaced make as a build
utility (for good reason).
I am curious about the following questions:
1) What do you think about the idea?
2) What lessons do you think can be learned from CVS? Things done badly, not
done at all, etc.
3) What features in CVS do you believe should be deprecated and why?
4) What features would you like to see in a replacement to CVS that currently
are not available in CVS?
And for the Apache Folk:
5) Would you consider this an interesting project for ASF?
I look forward to your answers and comments.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02241 seconds