|Eclipse Install Manager [message #572341]
||Fri, 05 January 2007 14:21
| Markus Knauer
Registered: July 2009
I would like to state an initial set of requirements for an Eclipse
installer that eventually could be part of the packaging project. Please
feel free to add your points to this discussion.
- Check the availability of a suitable Java environment, potentially
packaging a run-time environment
- Check the integrity of the download archive
- Reducing the download size, e.g. with pack200
- Provide the user with a well known and easy to use mechanism for
installing: executable, start-up menu entries, ...
And some non-functional requirements:
- It must be really really stable and reliable as this will be the first
thing a new user will see
- Small and simple to use
- We can reuse our system of download mirrors
More input is welcome ...
An installer would be one option for users that download eclipse packages,
zip / tar archives would remain the other option.
Dan, could you provide insight which requirements would be met by the
technology you are thinking about to contribute to the project? Are you
also interested in committing heads to the project?
Thanks and regards,
INNOOPRACT Informationssysteme GmbH
Twitter: @mknauer23 and @EclipseRAP
Professional services for RAP and RCP?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.19188 seconds