Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » err msg re: SkeletonTreeContentProvider??(err msg re: SkeletonTreeContentProvider??)
err msg re: SkeletonTreeContentProvider?? [message #559747] Fri, 17 September 2010 20:37 Go to next message
Phil Freihofner is currently offline Phil FreihofnerFriend
Hi - Today, when creating a new project, or when creating a new class, I've been getting a non-fatal error message:

Quote:
An internal error has occurred.
org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.extensions.SkeletonTreeCon tentProvider cannot be cast to org.eclipse.ui.navigator.IPipelinedTreeContentProvider

I have no idea what to make of this!
Most recent "suspect" activity was adding Google's WindowBuilderPro from their Web Toolkit yesterday.
(http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html)

I haven't had time to try using this new tool yet. It is supposed to be a graphical tool for making Swing forms.

I have Eclipse set up in two workspaces. The one which is setup for servlet/JSP work is the one where this error occurs. The other workspace, where I work on Java apps and simple applets has not given me this error message.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Phil Freihofner
Re: err msg re: SkeletonTreeContentProvider?? [message #896430 is a reply to message #559747] Wed, 18 July 2012 11:41 Go to previous message
el_schalo Missing name is currently offline el_schalo Missing nameFriend
By taking a look in the Eclipse Error Log (by clicking on "Details" at the error dialog), I found an other error at the same time as the one you mentioned in your post.
It was about some meta file sub directories in the "dropins" and "features" directory of my workspace, where Eclipse could not find expected repositories, feature.xml etc. When I cleaned up there, the error did not occur again. So perhaps it would be helpful to take a look at the Eclipse Error Log or post the correspondending messages here?

HTH,
el_schalo.
Previous Topic:Error creating python process - exited before creating sockets - exitValue = (1)
Next Topic:import org.jdom?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:27:19 GMT 2024