Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Remembering the last directory from which a user opened a file
Remembering the last directory from which a user opened a file [message #555143] Wed, 25 August 2010 15:10
Jon Svede is currently offline Jon SvedeFriend
I have an RCP app that is using the org.eclipse.ui.edit.text.openLocalFile command id to open a file. I need to be able to remember the last location from which a user opened a file.

This command maps to

org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.actions.OpenLocalFileAction

In looking at the source it doesn't appear there is an easy way to tell this action which directory to start in. It looks like it wants to use the user's home directory.

So this is actually a two part question now:

1. is there another command id that accepts a parameter that is the location to open? Or is it easier to just write my own command? I was told to use this over writing my own by the lead of the project. I think if I were to write my own I could use the preference store to store the last location, right?

2. If this is the right way to do it, how do I tell the command where to start from?

Thanks!

Jon
Previous Topic:Remove search and Run menu for menu bar
Next Topic:How to hide a menu button when user switches to Navigator from Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:56:18 GMT 2024