Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » bundle use spring 2.5.6 conflict with spring 3.0
bundle use spring 2.5.6 conflict with spring 3.0 [message #554593] Mon, 23 August 2010 16:13 Go to next message
chrisatpinguin  is currently offline chrisatpinguin Friend
Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a bundle which imports on the one hand packages from spring 2.5 (i created an repository with my needed spring 2 bundles and add it in the repo-chain) and on the other hand the package org.springframework.osgi.context which comes from the basic packages of virgo. The bundle which exports the package org.springframework.osgi.context uses spring 3 then and my bundle spring 2.

My problem, I can't deploy because of conflicts between the spring versions. See attached logfile. My Questions are, is this normal and correct? Is it not possible to have multiple Spring versions in virgo and import from bundles which uses different spring version? Did I made something wrong or do I simply not understand osgi correct?

I would be very pleased if someone could give me some hints why this happens.
Regards
Chris
Re: bundle use spring 2.5.6 conflict with spring 3.0 [message #555445 is a reply to message #554593] Thu, 26 August 2010 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
That combination will not work. Basic uses conflict.

You can't have two versions of the package in the same classspace.

Is there any specific reason why you want to do what you are doing? Why not just use spring 3.x?

This link might give you a better understanding of uses conflicts: http://blog.springsource.com/2008/11/22/diagnosing-osgi-uses -conflicts/

One way to use spring 2.5 is to embed it within your own bundle. But with that you will loose support for spring-dm auto discovery and will need to publish services manually. You can also embed spring-dm bundles in your own also, and use that to publish your services if you need TCCL management for example. That "should" work, haven't tried it.

Regards,
Dmitry
Re: bundle use spring 2.5.6 conflict with spring 3.0 [message #555461 is a reply to message #554593] Thu, 26 August 2010 16:32 Go to previous message
chrisatpinguin  is currently offline chrisatpinguin Friend
Hi,

after a bit of thinking and getting a little distance to my stuff I agree that I tried something "stupid". I've tried it, because we have some osgi-bundles already which work fine with spring 2 and spring security 2 but not with spring security 3. I do not know why, I just change the spring version and some errors occur. The developer responsible for the bundles is not available any more so I tried to mix the spring versions instead of debugging the bundle Smile

So, this thread should be closed .. Wink
Thanks for helping out!
Chris
Previous Topic:@Autowired doesn't work when trying to wire a service
Next Topic:bundle use spring 2.5.6 conflict with spring 3.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:24:28 GMT 2024