Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini on Equinox 3.6(Is there any reason this will be problematic)
Gemini on Equinox 3.6 [message #554313] Sat, 21 August 2010 12:44 Go to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hi,

I am developing an Eclipse RAP application. I was planning on using Virgo until I found out that it is still at Equinox 3.5 and no plans to migrate for at least a year according to the recent plan. Virgo is also still using Spring DM rather than Gemini. So all in all, until Virgo matures, it appears that Equinox with Gemini is a better fit for me.

Is there any reason that the Gemini modules will be problematic in Equinox 3.6? Has this configuration been tested yet?

Many thanks,
Joel
Re: Gemini on Equinox 3.6 [message #554429 is a reply to message #554313] Mon, 23 August 2010 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Joel, my attempts with Equinox 3.6 and Gemini are successful. Check the wiki for instructions:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gemini/Web
Re: Gemini on Equinox 3.6 [message #554452 is a reply to message #554429] Mon, 23 August 2010 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev wrote on Mon, 23 August 2010 07:43
Joel, my attempts with Equinox 3.6 and Gemini are successful. Check the wiki for instructions:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gemini/Web

Hi Kaloyan,

Thanks for the pointer. I missed this because I was looking at Blueprints rather than Gemini Web. With Blueprints there appear to quite a few dependencies on the SpringFramework, which itself sucks in a load of dependencies. Very long piece of string to start pulling on Confused

This is what Virgo is about but it is stuck back at Equinox 3.5. Also this would be trivial with Maven sorting out the dependencies. I have looked at Tycho but it mainly shines at Manifest first.

Ayn advice or if anyone has been down this path before I would love to hear your experiences.

Cheers,
Joel
Re: Gemini on Equinox 3.6 [message #555263 is a reply to message #554452] Thu, 26 August 2010 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Costin Leau is currently offline Costin LeauFriend
Joel, Virgo is currently undergoing incubation. Have you considered raising an issue regarding the usage of Eclipse 3.5?
Re: Gemini on Equinox 3.6 [message #555266 is a reply to message #555263] Thu, 26 August 2010 07:18 Go to previous message
Hi Costin,

Great idea, thanks, I will do that.

Cheers,
Joel

Costin Leau wrote on Thu, 26 August 2010 07:51
Joel, Virgo is currently undergoing incubation. Have you considered raising an issue regarding the usage of Eclipse 3.5?

Previous Topic:Lazy service activation in Gemini Blueprint
Next Topic:Install/Stop/start application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:12:41 GMT 2024