Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler
Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler [message #553767] Wed, 18 August 2010 18:31 Go to next message
Elizabeth  is currently offline Elizabeth Friend
I have an aspectJ-enabled project, which runs properly from the IDE. However, when I try to export the project (in eclipse File->Export->Eclipse product with AspectJ support), I get errors, such as "failure[-1] running ajc" and "compile error".

I have discovered that I get the "failure[-1] running ajc" error when any plug-in in my project has a .jar on the build path that is not also on the class path. I get the "compile error" message when I have a plug-in that has multiple dependencies on another project, each with different versions. I don't get these errors when using the normal export (from eclipse, File->Export->Eclipse product) or when running from the IDE.

I'm using Eclipse 3.5.2 and AJDT 2.1.0.

Why do I get these errors ONLY when I try to export with aspectJ support? Are there settings that the aspectJ compiler uses that the normal java compiler doesn't? Is there any way I can fix this without having to change all of my plug-ins?
Re: Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler [message #553803 is a reply to message #553767] Wed, 18 August 2010 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
I would recommend that you upgrade to Eclipse 3.6 and use the new AJDT-PDE integration. It has been completely reworked.

For details on the changes, please see:

http://contraptionsforprogramming.blogspot.com/2010/03/ajdt- pde-builds-redux.html

Your plugin project must contain at least one .java file for this to work.
Re: Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler [message #601215 is a reply to message #553767] Wed, 18 August 2010 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
I would recommend that you upgrade to Eclipse 3.6 and use the new AJDT-PDE integration. It has been completely reworked.

For details on the changes, please see:

http://contraptionsforprogramming.blogspot.com/2010/03/ajdt- pde-builds-redux.html

Your plugin project must contain at least one .java file for this to work.
Re: Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler [message #631028 is a reply to message #601215] Tue, 05 October 2010 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlyell is currently offline jlyellFriend
Thanks for this info, I installed the upgrade and it worked fine =)
Re: Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler [message #631336 is a reply to message #553767] Thu, 07 October 2010 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bb11920 is currently offline bb11920Friend
Thanks
Re: Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler [message #635530 is a reply to message #553767] Wed, 27 October 2010 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carla  is currently offline Carla Friend
Thank you so much guys for this post. I will try it at home and let you know if it works.

Keep it up dude!
Re: Differences between java compiler and aspectJ compiler [message #636153 is a reply to message #553767] Fri, 29 October 2010 13:38 Go to previous message
Mandy Oliver is currently offline Mandy OliverFriend
I'd be interested to know how strictly you all stick to the aspect approach or how you deviate from it to make it "workable" in your corporate environment.
Previous Topic:Rebuild AspectJ project after eclipse restart
Next Topic:Enhanced ajdt.examples.progressmon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:53:45 GMT 2024