Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » No cookies in dev mode?
No cookies in dev mode? [message #545927] Fri, 09 July 2010 15:40 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I'm fairly new to Eclipse, so please bear with me.

I'm developing a web application in Java with GWT and Eclipse, with the intention of compiling to Javascript. I'm also using PHP for the server side. I'm setting a cookie via session_id on the server side, but the cookie never shows up in the browser when I'm running in development mode.

When I compile the project into Javascript and copy the files over to my web server where the PHP files reside, everything works normally and the cookies are set.

I've verified that the PHP script is being run and that it's setting the cookie - it's just not getting to the browser. Is Eclipse blocking the cookies in dev mode for some reason, and is there a way to allow them?
Re: No cookies in dev mode? [message #546003 is a reply to message #545927] Fri, 09 July 2010 20:45 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I think I've solved my own problem. I was confusing cookies with php sessions. Since I'm really just creating a PHP session on the server where my PHP files are hosted, it makes sense that the local dev mode where my Java frontend is being executed ignores the attempt to set the cookie.

Rather than looking for the cookie to be set, I need to check the return from my PHP script to verify that a session was created.
Previous Topic:Temporary Files & Editors
Next Topic:Why 3 columns in Properties View?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:12:30 GMT 2024