Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » multiple selection widget ("FilteredCheckBoxTreeViewer")
multiple selection widget ("FilteredCheckBoxTreeViewer") [message #543380] Tue, 29 June 2010 09:20 Go to next message
Henno Vermeulen is currently offline Henno VermeulenFriend
I am looking for a reusable and easy to use multiple selection widget with filtering support with minimal coding of my part. It should be possible to toggle selected elements with one click without holding ctrl or shift.

I found a good one in Mylyn which shows a list with checkboxes and a filter on top. There is one with the same idea with a tree in the PDE launch run configuration.

I encounter the following problems:
1. Don't know how to properly reuse the mylyn or PDE widget. Is there documentation on this? Should I download the source or add a bundle? Is it coupled to mylyn/PDE and not reusable?

2. I tried making my own with CheckboxTableViewer. Selection works fine but there is no out of the box filtering as with FilteredTreeViewer. Unfortunately, FilteredViewer cannot be used in combination with a CheckboxTreeViewer because it creates its own TreeViewer. Either way I cannot get out of the box filtering on a checkbox table or tree even though the necessary code already exists inside FilteredTreeViewer.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to factor out this code and make a FilteredViewer which works with tables and trees either with or without checkboxes?

[Updated on: Tue, 29 June 2010 09:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: multiple selection widget ("FilteredCheckBoxTreeViewer") [message #543660 is a reply to message #543380] Wed, 30 June 2010 08:50 Go to previous message
Henno Vermeulen is currently offline Henno VermeulenFriend
Oops... right after making my own I found a ListSelectionDialog which looks exactly like what I made.

http://sureshkrishna.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/jface-dialogs- which-one-is-right-for-you/
Previous Topic:Databinding with CellEditor
Next Topic:Changing labels in TreeViewer on node expansion/collapse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:39:35 GMT 2024