Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » What's "bad_container_name"?(Investigating generic use of launch configurations)
What's "bad_container_name"? [message #541084] Fri, 18 June 2010 09:40 Go to next message
Henrik Garbergs is currently offline Henrik GarbergsFriend
Hi!

I've created a launch configuration for an external tool in Eclipse. In the Common tab I've made it "shared". When I look in the launch file it contains (among other things) this line:

<stringAttribute key="bad_container_name" value="\MainComponent\Test_configuration"/>

What's the purpose of this line? What's with the "bad"?

My objective of all this is to create a generic launch file for an external tool that I want to use in many different projects. Everything in the launch file seem pretty generic, except the "bad_container_name" thing.

/Henrik

Re: What's "bad_container_name"? [message #998688 is a reply to message #541084] Thu, 10 January 2013 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Bertelsen is currently offline Tobias BertelsenFriend
I know I'm reviving an 3½ year old post, but I came across the same thing today. Anybody out there who knows the answer?
Re: What's "bad_container_name"? [message #1779614 is a reply to message #998688] Wed, 10 January 2018 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leo K is currently offline Leo KFriend
I also just found that entry in the launch configuration file. There is a comment in the org.eclipse.debug.ui.CommonTab that explains its purpose:

> This attribute exists solely for the purpose of making sure that invalid shared locations can be revertible. This attribute is not saveable and will never appear in a saved launch configuration.

Apparently the last part is not true.
Re: What's "bad_container_name"? [message #1779657 is a reply to message #1779614] Wed, 10 January 2018 20:52 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I think the implication is that it never appears in the UI.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse - Synchronize Gradle project with workspace failed
Next Topic:pydev will not install in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:15:58 GMT 2024