Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question(Does Eclipse support Ctrl+click for facelets?)
JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #540945] Thu, 17 June 2010 17:20 Go to next message
Michael Giroux is currently offline Michael GirouxFriend
Just installed Helios RC4, and I'm interested to know if JSF support allows ctrl-click to jump from an el to a java module?

ex. #{commentForm.custom}

If I ctrl+click on custom, I would like to jump to the isCustom() method of the commentForm managed bean.

Out of the box, this is not working. Can someone point me to docs that explain what I need to do to configure this?

Thanks
Michael
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #541220 is a reply to message #540945] Fri, 18 June 2010 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raghu Srinivasan is currently offline Raghu SrinivasanFriend
Hyperlink (Ctrl+click) works on EL expression in the attributes of the JSF 2.0 tags such as,
<h:inputText value="#{loginBean.name}"></h:inputText>
<ui:param name="a" value="#{loginBean.name}"></ui:param>

It doesn't work in a EL expression as a text inside a xhtml page.

Please provide additional information on the use case where it is not working.

Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #541226 is a reply to message #540945] Fri, 18 June 2010 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The el expressions are within JSF elements as follows:

<h:form id="frmEditLetter" >
<h:inputHidden id="customText"
value="#{commentForm.editLetter.customText}"/>

<h:outputText value="Edit Letter"
rendered="#{commentForm.editLetter.letterFormat.custom}"/>
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #541227 is a reply to message #541220] Fri, 18 June 2010 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does this only work w/ JSF 2.0?

My project is using the JSF 1.1 libraries.
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #543901 is a reply to message #540945] Thu, 01 July 2010 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I have spent the last few hours trying to make the hyperlinking (and the info popups) work with any project in Eclipse Helios with JSF 2.0.

My setup is:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Helios Release
Build id: 20100617-1415

Installed Plugins:

• m2eclipse
  • m2eclipse extras
  • JSF Tools (from WTP)
  • Glassfish Tools

I've tried projects without the first 3 (need the last one for server integration and runtime libraries). No matter what I do the hyperlinking does not work.

We would like to use JSF 2.0, but if we can't get eclipse to do this, it would probably be a deal breaker.
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #546002 is a reply to message #543901] Fri, 09 July 2010 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hyperlink in an EL expression works in an XHTML file in a JSF 2.0 project. Please open the file using WPE which is not the default editor.

Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #546589 is a reply to message #546002] Tue, 13 July 2010 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Burns is currently offline Ed BurnsFriend
I'm delighted to see that Eclipse now has this most useful feature.

Please also consider making it so that when you control click on the tag for a composite component, you get taken to the composite component declaration XHTML page.

FWIW, NetBeans 6.8 has had these and many more JSF 2 features for a long time Razz

Rags, I'd like to add you to my email list, can you please drop me a line including your email address on my contact page at http://purl.oclc.org/NET/edburns/contact ?

Thanks,

Ed
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #546592 is a reply to message #546002] Tue, 13 July 2010 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This does not work for me, even with the Web Page Editor.

I should point out that the project was originally a simple Java project. As some time back in the Eclipse 3.3 timeframe, the project was converted to a web project manually.

Is it possible that Eclipse 3.6 requires additional project facets or other .settings to make this ctrl+click work?

Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #551549 is a reply to message #546592] Fri, 06 August 2010 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need a WTP Dynamic Web Project with the JSF Tools facet. Please review the Getting Started doc to get a basic Web project enabled for JSF development. You can find the doc in the help, http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.jst.jsf.doc .user/html/gettingstarted/tutorial/JSFTools_tutorial_JSF20.h tml

Hope this helps.
-Raghu

Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #621719 is a reply to message #540945] Fri, 18 June 2010 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hyperlink (Ctrl+click) works on EL expression in the attributes of the JSF 2.0 tags such as,
<h:inputText value="#{loginBean.name}"></h:inputText>
<ui:param name="a" value="#{loginBean.name}"></ui:param>

It doesn't work in a EL expression as a text inside a xhtml page.

Please provide additional information on the use case where it is not working.
--
Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF

Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #621723 is a reply to message #540945] Fri, 18 June 2010 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The el expressions are within JSF elements as follows:

<h:form id="frmEditLetter" >
<h:inputHidden id="customText"
value="#{commentForm.editLetter.customText}"/>

<h:outputText value="Edit Letter"
rendered="#{commentForm.editLetter.letterFormat.custom}"/>
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #621724 is a reply to message #541220] Fri, 18 June 2010 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does this only work w/ JSF 2.0?

My project is using the JSF 1.1 libraries.
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #621728 is a reply to message #540945] Thu, 01 July 2010 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I have spent the last few hours trying to make the hyperlinking (and the info popups) work with any project in Eclipse Helios with JSF 2.0.

My setup is:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Helios Release
Build id: 20100617-1415

Installed Plugins:

m2eclipse
m2eclipse extras
JSF Tools (from WTP)
Glassfish Tools

I've tried projects without the first 3 (need the last one for server integration and runtime libraries). No matter what I do the hyperlinking does not work.

We would like to use JSF 2.0, but if we can't get eclipse to do this, it would probably be a deal breaker.
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #621729 is a reply to message #621728] Fri, 09 July 2010 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hyperlink in an EL expression works in an XHTML file in a JSF 2.0 project. Please open the file using WPE which is not the default editor.
--
Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF

Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #621735 is a reply to message #546002] Tue, 13 July 2010 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Burns is currently offline Ed BurnsFriend
I'm delighted to see that Eclipse now has this most useful feature.

Please also consider making it so that when you control click on the tag for a composite component, you get taken to the composite component declaration XHTML page.

FWIW, NetBeans 6.8 has had these and many more JSF 2 features for a long time :p

Rags, I'd like to add you to my email list, can you please drop me a line including your email address on my contact page at http://purl.oclc.org/NET/edburns/contact ?

Thanks,

Ed
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #621737 is a reply to message #546002] Tue, 13 July 2010 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This does not work for me, even with the Web Page Editor.

I should point out that the project was originally a simple Java project. As some time back in the Eclipse 3.3 timeframe, the project was converted to a web project manually.

Is it possible that Eclipse 3.6 requires additional project facets or other .settings to make this ctrl+click work?
Re: JSF Open Declaration (Ctrl + click on el) question [message #621844 is a reply to message #621737] Fri, 06 August 2010 23:30 Go to previous message
You need a WTP Dynamic Web Project with the JSF Tools facet. Please review the Getting Started doc to get a basic Web project enabled for JSF development. You can find the doc in the help, http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.jst.jsf.doc .user/html/gettingstarted/tutorial/JSFTools_tutorial_JSF20.h tml

Hope this helps.
-Raghu
--
Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF

Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF
Previous Topic:Content Assist for Annotaded ManagedBeans
Next Topic:FacesConfig Editor Scopes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:38:36 GMT 2024