Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » Could not get Device instance ID!
Could not get Device instance ID! [message #539831] Sun, 13 June 2010 15:15 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: news.s237965939.online.de

First I had problems all the time with the real Motorola hardware
devices, but now even the emulation doesn't work anymore. After quite
some time I've reinstalled the Motodev SDK 2.2 and also 3.0, the problem
(Could not get Device instance ID!) occurs in both of the SDKs. No
problems with the Sun WTK though. How can I fix this?

On the real Motorazr V3 cell phone I get a meaningless "Application
error" when starting my program. The same .jar file runs without
problems on my Sony Ericcson though.

Don't know about Nokia or others. The whole J2ME seems to be a very
waggly system. I'm wondering that there are so many Java games around. I
have on-device-debugging support for my SE only, but there I don't need
it since everything works.

Hans
Re: Could not get Device instance ID! [message #540074 is a reply to message #539831] Mon, 14 June 2010 15:16 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: news.s237965939.online.de

Am 13.06.2010 21:15, schrieb Hans-J. Ude:

> On the real Motorazr V3 cell phone I get a meaningless "Application
> error" when starting my program. The same .jar file runs without
> problems on my Sony Ericcson though.

May it have to do with the manifest, aka Application Descriptor, that's it:

MIDlet-Version: 0.1.49
MIDlet-Vendor: WolpTec Software
Nokia-MIDlet-Category: Application
MIDlet-Jar-URL: MobileGuitar.jar
MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
MIDlet-1: Mobile Guitar, /yellow_guitar-32x32.png,
UserInterface.MobileGuitarMIDlet
MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
MIDlet-Name: Mobile Guitar

I noticed that when I omit the 'UserInterface' from the
'UserInterface.MobileGuitarMIDlet' that it reads 'MobileGuitarMIDlet'
alone, I get trouble with my SE too.

Hans
Re: Could not get Device instance ID! [message #580888 is a reply to message #539831] Mon, 14 June 2010 15:16 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: news.s237965939.online.de

Am 13.06.2010 21:15, schrieb Hans-J. Ude:

> On the real Motorazr V3 cell phone I get a meaningless "Application
> error" when starting my program. The same .jar file runs without
> problems on my Sony Ericcson though.

May it have to do with the manifest, aka Application Descriptor, that's it:

MIDlet-Version: 0.1.49
MIDlet-Vendor: WolpTec Software
Nokia-MIDlet-Category: Application
MIDlet-Jar-URL: MobileGuitar.jar
MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
MIDlet-1: Mobile Guitar, /yellow_guitar-32x32.png,
UserInterface.MobileGuitarMIDlet
MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
MIDlet-Name: Mobile Guitar

I noticed that when I omit the 'UserInterface' from the
'UserInterface.MobileGuitarMIDlet' that it reads 'MobileGuitarMIDlet'
alone, I get trouble with my SE too.

Hans
Previous Topic:Problems importing devices from Moto SDK
Next Topic:Multimedia volume control
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Aug 30 16:38:35 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04469 seconds