Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » Buckminster+Hudson: Broken Encoding
Buckminster+Hudson: Broken Encoding [message #533895] Mon, 17 May 2010 08:23 Go to next message
Andreas Schilling is currently offline Andreas Schilling
Messages: 22
Registered: April 2010
Junior Member
hi everybody!

I guess our issue is easy to fix, but we're totally stuck.
we set up a build for our Eclipse RCP application with buckminster and hudson and everything works fine except that the encoding is broken (our application is in german and we use umlauts).
what do we need to do to get a correctly encoded application?
SCM is StarTeam btw. (maybe something goes wrong during checkout?)
it seems that it's some configuration issue with the compiler because stuff that is defined in the plugin.xml (e.g. menu contributions) has correct umlauts while everything that's in the source hasn't.
also noteworthy might be, that we have a JNLP build. although it works if we do a buckminster JNLP build from within the IDE. so we believe it's some issue with the combination hudson+buckminster.

regards,

Andreas
Re: Buckminster+Hudson: Broken Encoding [message #533919 is a reply to message #533895] Mon, 17 May 2010 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3214
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Andreas,

Perhaps this is related to the default encoding used in your workspace?
If so, I suggest you set up a template workspace with the correct
default encoding and then use that as the base when you populate the
workspace to be built by Hudson.

- thomas

On 05/17/2010 02:23 PM, Andreas Schilling wrote:
> hi everybody!
>
> I guess our issue is easy to fix, but we're totally stuck.
> we set up a build for our Eclipse RCP application with buckminster and
> hudson and everything works fine except that the encoding is broken (our
> application is in german and we use umlauts).
> what do we need to do to get a correctly encoded application?
> SCM is StarTeam btw. (maybe something goes wrong during checkout?)
> it seems that it's some configuration issue with the compiler because
> stuff that is defined in the plugin.xml (e.g. menu contributions) has
> correct umlauts while everything that's in the source hasn't.
> also noteworthy might be, that we have a JNLP build. although it works
> if we do a buckminster JNLP build from within the IDE. so we believe
> it's some issue with the combination hudson+buckminster.
>
> regards,
>
> Andreas
Re: Buckminster+Hudson: Broken Encoding [message #533962 is a reply to message #533919] Mon, 17 May 2010 10:59 Go to previous message
Andreas Schilling is currently offline Andreas Schilling
Messages: 22
Registered: April 2010
Junior Member
hi Thomas!

erm, we found out that the preferences-file that specifies the encoding for the GUI-bundle was not checked into the SCM system... Embarrassed
once we did that it works, although the workspace encoding is not UTF8.

thanks for the hint anyway, at least we now learned about the workspace-template parameter for buckminster Smile
Previous Topic:Setting CDT preferences
Next Topic:headless build fails resolving plugins
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Jul 25 16:49:02 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02732 seconds